Friday, April 27, 2012

Coffee Musings

I'm sitting and enjoying a great cup of coffee while I work today.
My favorite coffee is Community coffee. This particular steamy cup is their coffee with chicory, a nice smooth blend. Ever since we tried this at Harry Bisset's in Athens (my fav restaurant) we've been using this at home. Its really tasty out of a french press or even from a traditional coffee maker. Harry Bisset's is now closed, but at least I got their recipe for sauteed asparagus and found out what kind of coffee they made. I still miss them...:(

get a $3 off coupon for Community coffee if you like them on Facebook.
Community Coffee Coupons

Sauteed Asparagus

Fresh Asparagus
garlic cloves minced or garlic powder
olive oil
butter

Rinse fresh asparagus and trim white off of stalk ends.
Add olive oil and butter and minced garlic to a hot skillet. Saute until butter melts and add asparagus. Saute until aparagus turns bright green and gets slightly tender. Cover and take off of heat. Set aside for 5 minutes, Asparagus will continue to steam and cook. Should be soft but firm. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment